Monday, October 29, 2018

Jade Alice is In The Deep


"I do try to find a balance, and make sure that when people listen to it, they can still identify it as a Jade Alice song. I think that lies in my vocal arrangement, no matter what vibe or speed the song is, I always focus on vocal layering and incorporating that into my production. 

Jade Alice is the powerhouse that just keeps going. Following the success of her previous release Heartbreak Club, Alice recently dropped new track In The Deep a dreamy, dance inspired tune moving seamlessly between genres. Weaving between ballad and soft electronic, Alice has crafted a tune about the first moments of attraction and the feeling of connecting with someone new.

Your previous track, Heartbreak Club, has only been out a few months, how do you keep the momentum going while also keeping the songs fresh and unique?
It's funny because Heartbreak Club and In The Deep sound so different from each other, but they were written around the same time. I have a few songs I've written in the past year that I'm really excited to put out. It's just been a process of figuring out the timeline and putting in the same amount of effort into each release. I like to make each song I write sound unique to itself; like they each have their own personality and story. Especially in terms of production, I always go with whatever direction or sound elements I think would enhance that song best, and whatever those are may be completely different for another song of mine. 

How has the reception to your music been like so far?
It's been very positive overall. When the reception isn't coming from friends and family but people you've never met from across the globe, that's the most fulfilling and rewarding feeling. It's been interesting to hear what people's favourites are, because the songs do sound so different from each other. It makes my day when I receive a private message from someone telling me how my music has made them feel.

"It's so personal, they are giving you back that same vulnerability that you put into the song.

In The Deep is a lot more dance heavy than some previous releases, how are you going about finding your sound?
It is and I'm working on finding a sweet spot that combines pop and electronic dance music. The influence has stemmed from working with dance producers and writing vocals for their tracks. Some of my future releases are definitely heading in a similar direction with this production. I love the energy of it and I find it so empowering using these big, heavy electronic sounds. Especially in a live setting, I just get so excited.



There's so much going on in the music scene at the moment with artists bending genres, has this movement impacted on your own style at all?
Yes for sure, I've always been a fan of blending genres together! It's very inspiring hearing so many fresh ideas from people and sounds that I could never have imagined. The possibilities we have with technology now are endless, but that can be a bit intimidating when you're trying to create something new. 

"I love that bending genres has been embraced so warmly in Australia and that it has allowed musicians to bloom and grow.

What are you feeling most inspired by lately?
At the moment a lot of my inspiration comes from Scandinavian artists like Aurora, Susanne Sundfor and Sigrid. They have the most amazing pop instincts and sensibility. I love the way they write lyrics, too, when English isn't their first language and they phrase things in such a beautiful, quirky way.


Find In The Deep //
Connect with Jade