Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Meet Lánre || Britain's Soul Queen


Hey, I'm... Lánre.

I make music that... touches the heart.

My latest track Human is... my take on the thing that connects or unifies us as humans.

I think you should listen to it... because it may help you find language for your story.

I'd describe myself as a... storyteller.

If I wasn't a musician I'd be a... dancer (if only I could dance) or a painter.

I became a musician because... I have stories to tell and it's important.


My favourite place to write music is... on the train.

I'm most inspired by... poetry.

Musically I'm most proud of myself for... taking the leap to live my dreams.

The thing I most love about music is... the ability it has to move you regardless of who you are.

One of my favourite lyrics of all time is... "there's a crack in everything/that's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen.

My favourite lyric of my own is... "what will it take for you to/go the extra the extra mile and follow your heart" - from the song Dreams.

Something you wouldn't know about me is... I'm an accountant by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! But foul language or anything offensive is not accepted. Have a swell day. :)